• Reigning World Champions Poland and defending World League winners USA have met 20 times in the World League, with each team winning 10 times.
• USA have won both encounters in the current season, 3-2, 3-1.
• Poland had won the previous three clashes, including the 2012 Final (3-0).
• Poland had won the first set in each of these last five matches.
• Poland's Bartosz Kurek had 45 spike attempts (23 successful), in their 3-2 defeat against USA on 12 June.
• Poland needs one more victory to qualify for the final round, or Iran fail to win their remaining matches.
• They last qualified for the final round in 2012, when they won the tournament, beating USA in the final (3-0).
• Poland have won three of their last four matches in the World League after losing twice against USA.
• They have won 13 of their last 14 home matches in the World League, including the last six.
• Bartosz Kurek has scored 175 points this season, only trailing Rolando Cepeda Abreu (CUB, 192) and Sam Deroo (189).
• Coming into the weekend, Mateusz Bieniek is one of four players to have won at least 20 blocks and served at least 10 aces.
• USA have won 11 of their last 13 matches, only losing twice against Iran in their away match-up.
• United States have won their last six matches against CEV teams, all this season, since losing against Italy in the final round last year.
• Coming into the weekend, only Dutch players Nimir Abdel-Aziz and Dick Kooy have won more serves than Micah Christenson this season.