· This will be the fourth and fifth meeting between Russia and Iran in the World League. All three previous matches were won by Russia.
· Iran have added one set win in each match they played against Russia. They started with a straight set defeat, than claimed one set and in the third and last they claimed two sets.
· These teams have met at the 2014 World Championship, playing for fifth place in the competition. Russia beat Iran in straight sets.
· Iran's captain Mir Saeid played for Russian team Zenit Kazan last season.Russia
· Russia have lost all four matches so far in the 2015 World League. Last year they also lost their four opening matches, but secured a win in their fifth match.
· Only once they lost their opening five matches of a single World League campaign. In 1997 they failed to secure a win in their first 10 matches of the competition.
· In 2014, Russia lost their ultimate match and are therefore on a five-match losing streak in the competition, the longest since that 10-match streak in 1997.
· Russia have won their last eight World League matches played in Kazan. Iran
· Iran have lost their opening four matches of the 2015 World League. They are currently on a six-match losing streak in the competition.
· Iran have lost their last six matches in the World League after losing the first set, since a 3-1 victory over Poland in 2014.
· Shahram Mahmoudi has led the scoring for Iran in three of the four matches in the 2015 World League. He is now joint-fifth on the top scorer list of Group A alongside Filippo Lanza (ITA) with 53 points.