Pool B: POL - USA (4 July)
· Reigning world champions Poland and defending World League winners USA have met 21 times in the World League, with Poland leading 11-10 after Friday's encounter.
· USA had won the first two encounters in the current season: 3-2 and 3-1. Poland bounced back with a 3-2 win on Friday.
· On Friday, Poland beat USA with only a difference of a single point: 105-104. Bartosz Kurek added another 21 points in his 2015 campaign.
· This was also the final of the 2012 World League which was won by Poland in straight sets.
· By beating United States, Poland have qualified for the Final Six in Rio.
· They last qualified for the final round in 2012, when they won the tournament, beating USA in the final (3-0).
· Poland have won four of their last five matches in the World League after losing twice against USA.
· They have won 14 of their last 15 home matches in the World League, including the last six.
· Bartosz Kurek has scored 196 points this season, only trailing Belgium's Sam Deroo (207).
· USA have won 11 of their last 14 matches, only losing twice against Iran and once to Poland in their away match-ups.
· United States can equal their number of wins in the Intercontinental round of last year when they won nine out of 12 in their World League winning campaign.
· Matthew Anderson leads USA's scoring with 166 points scored so far.