Tampere, Finland, May 25, 2015 - Belgium ended their five-set curse and defeated Finland twice in the deciding sets in Pool E of the FIVB Volleyball World League held at the Tampere Ice Hall on Saturday and Sunday.
• Belgium beat Finland twice by a 3-2 scoreline and the Belgians have now won three World League matches in a row for the first time, including last year's win against Netherlands.
• Five of all six World League matches between Finland and Belgium have been decided in five sets.
• Before Belgium's two five-set wins this weekend, they had lost all their previous four matches that went into the deciding set last year, including three against Finland.
• Sam Deroo scored 25 points in Belgium's first win and added 22 points on Sunday.
• Pieter Coolman scored six points on serves in the 3-2 win on Saturday, equal as Finland players' service ace output combined.
• Finland suffered two defeats in a row at home, something they had not done in their entire 2014 campaign.