· Brazil and Australia will meet for the first time in the World League.
· Australia will also play their first World League match against a team from South America.
· Brazil have lost three of their last four World League matches against teams representing the Asian Volleyball Confederation. Prior to these four matches they were unbeaten in 20 straight.
· Brazil beat Australia in straight sets at the 2007 World Cup and 2006 World Championships. They also met at the 2000 and 2004 Olympic Games: a 3-0 win for Brazil in 2000 and a 3-1 win for Brazil in 2004.Brazil
· Brazil have started their 2015 World League campaign with two wins over Serbia (3-2, 3-1). In 2014, they won only one of their first four matches.
· Beating Australia twice would see Brazil set a streak of four consecutive wins. Last year, Brazil's longest winning streak in the World League was a series of four consecutive wins.
· Only one of Brazil's last 10 matches ended in a five-setter, their 3-2 win against Serbia on 29 May.
· In 2012, Brazil played three matches in São Bernardo do Campo (FIN, CAN, POL) winning all three of them.Australia
· Australia have lost their last four World League matches (including their last two of 2014) and can lose five in a row for the first time since a streak of 14 successive defeats dating back to their World League debut in 1999.
· This streak of four losses follows their team record streak of four consecutive wins, set in 2014.
· Australia lost twice to eight-times World League winner last weekend. They now face nine-time World League winner Brazil and they can beat winner of the World League for the second time after a 3-0 win against Netherlands last year.