· Korea Republic and Japan will meet for the 11th and 12th time in the World League. Korea have won seven of their previous ten World League encounters.
· Korea have lost just one of their last seven meetings with Japan in the World League. In 1995, they suffered a straight sets defeat.
· Their last main tournament meetings came in the 2013 World League with Korea winning both matches with a 3-1 scoreline.
· Korea Republic won their first match of the 2015 World League in their second match last week against Czech Republic (3-1).
· Korea have lost at least one set in 48 of their last 49 World League matches. Their only straight sets win in that span came against Czech Republic in 2014.
· Korea have lost their last nine World League matches that went to a fifth set, since a 3-2 win over Italy in 2012.
· They can win their 50th match in the competition, the third AVC team to achieve this alongside Japan (60) and China (50). Japan
· Japan started their 2015 World League campaign with a win over Czech Republic, but have recorded three defeats since that victory.
· They have lost at least one set in their last 65 World League matches. Japan recorded their last straight set win in the competition against China in 2008.
· Japan failed to win a single set in their last two World League matches and can lose three in a row in straight sets for the first time since 2012 (3). They last lost four in a row without winning a set in 2005 (4).