· Japan are winless in all their World League meetings with Czech Republic, losing four matches in 2003.
· There is only one other European opponent Japan have failed to beat in the World League: Netherlands (six losses).
· Czech Republic have lost only one of their eight World League matches against teams representing Asia, a straight sets defeat against Korea in 2014.
· Japan will participate in their 22nd World League season with their best finish being a sixth place (1990, 1993 and 2008).
· Japan have won only one of their last 14 World League matches, a 3-2 win against Germany in their last match of the 2014 edition. They can win back-to-back matches for the first time since 2013 and three in a row for time since 2008.
· Japan are the team with the most defeats in the World League (W59-L205).
· Czech Republic will appear in a third World League after a fourth place in 2003 and a 16th place in 2014.
· In their two previous participations, Czech Republic did not win their opening match.
· After losing their last two matches of the 2014 World League, Czech Republic can now lose three in a row in the competition for a third time after three in 2003 and three in 2003-2014. They have never lost four successive matches.