• Korea Republic and France have met on 16 previous occasions in the World League. Korea have won five matches, France 11.
• France have won the last six editions of this fixture, four in 2012 and two in 2011.
• France only once failed to win a single set against Korea: their first ever meeting in 1992 (3-0).
• Korea won both matches in Suwon in 2011. Their other three wins over France came in the 1992 World League.
• Korea will participate in their 17th World League. Their best result is a sixth place finish in 1995.
• Korea have won only two of their last 10 World League matches. Both wins came against European opposition: Czech Republic (3-0) and Portugal (3-1).
• Korea are two shy from winning their 50th World League match and become the third side representing the Asian Volleyball Confederation (AVC) to reach this milestone after Japan (W59) and China (W50).
• Only Japan (L205) have lost more World League matches than Korea (L158).
• France will compete in their 20th World League and are eying their first silverware since 2006.
• Last year, France failed to reach the Final Six after losing to Australia in the Final Four final. They can lose back-to-back World League matches for the first time since four successive defeats in 2013.
• France are six sets shy from losing their 500th set in the World League. Coming into this weekend of play, only Japan (675), Cuba (567), Italy (554), Russia (518) and Korea Republic (513) have reached this number.