Cuba's Felix Emilio Chapman Pineiro spikes the ball
· These teams will meet for the 14th and 15th time in the World League. Argentina have won only two of their previous 13 World League meetings, losing their last five.
· Argentina won their last meeting in a competitive setting, a 3-1 win at the 2011 World Cup.
· Cuba only once failed to win a single set against Argentina in the World League, a straight set loss in 1999.
· Argentina will participate for the 17th time in the World League. Their best finish in the competition was their fourth place in 2011.
· Argentina have lost only one of their last eight World League matches, a 3-1 defeat to France in their most recent match.
· Argentina have lost their last four World League matches played in Mendoza, winning only two sets. Cuba
· Cuba lost both of their matches against Canada in the opening weekend of the World League in straight sets.
· The last time Cuba lost three consecutive World League matches in straight sets was in 2013. They have never lost four successive matches without winning a single set.
· Cuba can lose the first four matches of a single World League campaign for only the third time in their 25 participations. They previously failed to win each of their first four matches in 2002 and 2013. In both editions they finally ranked 13th, which is their worst rank ever in the World League except their 21st spot last year.