· Canada and Bulgaria will meet for the third and fourth time in the World League.
· The previous two meetings came in Week 3 of the 2015 edition. Canada won the first match (3-1), while Bulgaria claimed a win in the second (3-2).
· Gavin Schmitt led the scoring for Canada in both matches with 26 points in the first and 17 points in the second match.
· Vladimir Nikolov was Bulgaria's top scorer in the first match against Canada with 20 points. In Bulgaria's five-set win, Nikolov had to share top scorer honours with Todor Aleksiev (both 25 points).
· Bulgaria's Viktor Yosifov scored seven points from blocks in the second match against Canada. Canada
· Canada have won four matches this season and they can equal their total wins from 2014 (6) if they beat Bulgaria twice.
· They have lost the last four matches that went into a fifth set.
· They have won the opening set in each of their last nine matches, but they have won only five of these nine matches.
· Gavin Schmitt leads all players in Group 2 on 124 points. Bulgaria
· After their two wins over Cuba, Bulgaria have already won more World League matches this year (3), than in the whole of last season (1).
· Their last four wins have all come against teams from the NORCECA federation.
· Bulgaria have now won three matches in a row and they can win five consecutive matches for the first time since eight in 2010.
· Bulgaria’s Georgi Manchev scored eight blocks against Cuba on 6 June to equal the highest scored blocks in a single match this season (Finland’s Konstantin Shumov against Belgium on 30 May).