Pool C: Argentina - Canada (27 June)
· Argentina won 3-1 on June 26th, recording their second successive victory over Canada. Argentina had beaten Canada 3-2 on 6 June after having lost 3-0 the day before.
· This marked the first time in 11 World League matches Canada failed to win at least two sets. The last team to keep Canada from wining at least two sets was Australia in 2014 (3-1).
· Steven Marshall has been Canada's top scorer in each of the last two meetings with Argentina scoring 20 and 15 points respectively.
· Argentina have now won their last two matches against NORECA opposition beating Cuba (13 June) and Canada (26 June). This marks the first time since 2000 Argentina record back-to-back wins over NORECA opposition (back then two successive wins over Canada.
· Argentina have recorded one win and one defeat in each of their last five double match-ups, a streak that started a year ago with a win and a defeat against France on 27-29 June 2014.
· The last time Argentina won twice in one weekend was against Germany on 20 and 21 June 2014.
· Argentina have now won four successive matches in Buenos Aires.
· Canada will qualify for the next round if they win this second match against Argentina.
· Canada have won already 27 sets this World League, most of all teams in the competition (France are also on 27).
· Canada have won already six World League matches, as many as last season and their second most of all time. They now only chase their total from 2013, when they won nine World League matches.