• Bulgaria have won four of their last five World League matches against Cuba, including this year's two away encounters 3-1, 3-1.
• Rolando Cepeda Abreu scored 47 points for Cuba in these two matches.
• Georgi Manchev had eight blocks for Bulgaria in their 3-1 win on 6 June.
• Cuba's last World League win against Bulgaria came in the bronze medal match in 2012, when they beat Bulgaria 15-12 in the fifth set.
• Cuba defeated Bulgaria 3-0 at the 2014 World Championships, clinching the third set by 30-28.
• Bulgaria have already won five matches this World League season. Last year, they won only one World League match, which was against USA (3-2).
• Cuba are the only opponents that Bulgaria have beaten twice in one weekend in this year's World League.
• The second match against Cuba will be Bulgaria's 250th World League match. They will become the 10th team to reach this milestone. They have a winning record in their 248 matches: W141-L107.
• In their last match against Cuba, Georgi Manchev made eight kill blocks. This is tied for the single game season high in the competition this year.
• Cuba are eyeing their first victory against Bulgaria in this year's World League. They have beaten Argentina twice and Canada once in Pool C.
• Cuba have won their last World League match (3-2 against Canada) and could win two (and three) consecutive World League matches for the first time in 2015.
• Cuba have won seven of their last eight World League five-setters, including each of their last four.