Pool G: Head-to-head
Mexico v Greece (June 12)
· Mexico and Greece will meet for the first time in the World League.
· Greece have won their last six matches against NORCECA sides, after losing the first two. All of these match-ups came against United States.
· Mexico's only win over European opposition came on home soil, a 3-2 win over Turkey in Mexico City.Mexico
· Mexico will partake in their second World League after making their debut in the competition in 2014.
· They won their first two matches of 2014 against Tunisia (3-0) and Turkey (3-2), but failed to win each of their next four: straight sets defeats against Cuba (twice) and Turkey and a 3-2 defeat to Tunisia.
· Both World League wins came on home soil, in Mexico City. The first week of play for Pool G will be in Tepic, Mexico.
· Mexico finished in 25th place in the 2014 World League.Greece
· Greece will make their 11th appearance in the World League and their first since 2005. Their best result is a fifth place in 2004.
· In their last participation in the competition, in 2005, Greece lost their last three matches. The last two defeats came in straight sets.
· Greece won only one of their six World League matches away from home in their last participation. At home they won four out of six in 2005. This week the competition will be held in Mexico, next week Pool G will play their matches in Greece.