· Netherlands and Finland will meet for the 7th and 8th time in the World League. Netherland have won five of the six previous World League encounters between these countries.
· The only Finland win came in their last meeting in the 2013 World League. Finland won by 3-1.
· Netherlands won four of their first five World League encounters in straight sets and conceded only one in the other match in 2013.
· Sjoerd Hoogendoorn (NED) played for Finnish team VaLePa Sastamala last season. Netherlands
· Netherlands won their opening three matches in the 2015 World League, but suffered their first defeat in their fourth match.
· Netherlands have won 10 of their last 14 World League matches played on home soil. They will host Finland this weekend in Almere.
· They have won their last five matches that went into a fifth set. Two of those five-set wins came in 2015.
· Niels Klapwijk was Netherlands’ top scorer in their 3-0 defeat against Belgium on Sunday scoring only nine points, the equal fewest points for a top scorer in a match this World League season alongside Japan’s Yuki Ishikawa (against France). Finland
· Finland lost their opening four matches against Belgium in this year's World League, but claimed two wins against Portugal last week.
· Finland can win three consecutive World League matches for the first time since 2011 (3). The last time they won more than three in a row was in 2009 (4).
· They have only failed to win a single set in one of their last 17 World League matches, a straight sets defeat against Canada in 2014.