• Netherlands have won seven of their eight World League matches against Finland, only suffering a 3-1 defeat on 6 July 2013.
• Holland won both home matches against Finland in week six of this year's campaign, 3-0 and 3-1.
• Netherlands have claimed five of their seven wins in straight sets.
• Holland's Nimir Abdel-Aziz had a 100 percent score from his spike attempts in the clash on 14 June: seven points from seven spike attempts.
• Finland can no longer qualify for the Final Four.
• Finland have lost their last two matches in the World League, both against Netherlands.
• Finland have lost all four World League matches in Espoo since their return in the World League in 2006. They had not participated since 1993.
• Netherlands lost their last World League match, which ended a streak of three victories.
• The last time Netherlands lost two consecutive matches was in the Final Four of last year's World League, when they lost against Australia and Belgium.
• The last time Netherlands lost two consecutive pool matches was in 2010 when they suffered seven straight defeats.
• Nimir Abdel-Aziz produced six aces in their last match, which is tied for most in Group 2.