· Finland and Belgium will meet for the fifth and sixth time at the World League.
· The previous four meetings were all in the preliminary rounds of 2014, with Finland winning three of those meetings.
· Belgium's only win was in their first ever meeting last year on 20 June 2014 (3-1) in Antwerp. Their three defeats against Finland all came in five sets.
· Finland will participate for the 11th time in the World League. Their best result is a seventh place in 2007.
· Last year they finished the competition with two wins over Belgium and for the first time since 2011, Finland can win three World League matches in a row. The last time they won four successive matches was in 2009.
· Finland have lost only one of their last five matches in the World League in Tampere, a straight sets defeat against Canada.
· Finland have won only one of their last eight opening matches in the World League (2007-2014): a 3-0 win over Portugal in 2013.
· Belgium made their debut in the World League in last year's edition, finishing in 11th place.
· In 2014, Belgium won eight matches and suffered six defeats (win percentage 57%). Only six teams have an all-time better winning percentage coming into the 2015 World League: Brazil (77%), RUS (70%), ITA (70%), TUR (63%), CUB (62%) and SRB (61%).
· Belgium played eight World League matches away from home last year, winning four of them.