· This will be the eighth and ninth meeting at the World League between these nations.
· The previous seven meetings were all in 1991 and 1992, with Cuba winning six of the seven meetings.
· The only victory by Canada was on 16 May 1992 (3-2) and in total, Canada have won five sets and Cuba 20.
· Canada defeated Cuba 3-2 at last year's World Championships (second round), after trailing 2-1. They also met at the 1998 World Championship (3-1 win for Cuba) and at the 1976 Olympic Games (3-0 win for Cuba). Canada
· This will be Canada's ninth World League participation and their match on Saturday will be their 100th in the competition (won 36 of previous 99).
· Their best result is a fifth place finish in 2013. Last year they finished 13th, their equal worst result (together with 2007).
· Canada lost their last two World League matches and can lose three in a row for the first time since 2012, when they lost nine in a row.
· Last year, Canada won both their matches in Calgary as they beat Finland 3-0 and 3-2. Cuba
· Cuba will participate for the 25th time in the World League, one fewer than record holders Brazil and Italy who will participate for the 26th time.
· Cuba won the tournament in 1998. Last year, Cuba won seven of their eight matches. They only lost against Turkey (3-1) on neutral ground (Tunisia).
· Cuba won all of their three away matches last season, beating Mexico 3-0, Tunisia 3-0 and Turkey 3-2.
· The last time they won four away matches in a row was in 2012 when they won all four of their away matches against Japan, Serbia, Russia and Bulgaria. In 2013, they lost all four away matches.