Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, July 19, 2015 – France’s Earvin Ngapeth was a decisive player for the FIVB Volleyball World League winners and received the highest individual honour in the World League Dream Team – the Most Valuable Player Award.
The French outside spiker scored 16 points in the final and was also nominated as the best player in his position. Michal Kubiak enjoyed impressive performances for Poland and received the honour as the second best outside spiker. The USA's Maxwell Holt was nominated as the best middle blocker, while Serbia's Srecko Lisinac was the second best in his position.
Benjamin Toniutti showed great skills during the World League and was nominated as the best setter, while polish player Pawel Zatorski received the honour for best libero. The best opposite spiker was Serbia’s Aleksandar Atanasijevic, who received a standing ovation from the Brazilian Fans at the Maracanazinho Arena.
2015 World League Dream Team
• 1st Best Outside Spiker: Earvin Ngapeth (FRA)
• 2nd Best Outside Spiker: Michal Kubiak (POL)
• 1st Best Middle Blocker: Maxwell Holt (USA)
• 2nd Best Middle Blocker: Srecko Lisinac (SRB)
• Best Libero - Pawel Zatorski (POL)
• Best Setter - Benjamin Toniutti (FRA)
• Opposite Spiker - Aleksandar Atanasijevic (SRB)
• Most Valuable Player - Earvin Ngapeth (FRA)